Delta County Credit Union reserves the right to determine if a submitted image is acceptable for use. The following are examples of inappropriate image uses that are strictly prohibited:
- All images must have the consent of the owner including those downloaded from the internet.
- Images that could be perceived as violent, including hatred or cruelty to humans or animals, profanity, or obscenities.
- People conducting or involving themselves in criminal or illegal activities, including gambling.
- Images/content demonstrating the views of anti-social, political or religious groups.
- Libelous, defamatory, sexually explicit, or other content we deem offensive, including discrimination, "hate speech," or socially unacceptable groups (gangs).
- Material that could infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of another party, including branded products, including abbreviations, acronyms, logos or related symbols.
- Any references to the Olympic Games or events.
- Commercial solicitation or promotional material.
- Celebrities such as actors, musicians, athletes, or cartoons (Exceptions to this prohibition include permission-based photos of you, your family members or friends photographed with a famous person).
- Use of addresses, phone numbers, personalized identification numbers and URL addresses
- Provocative, derogatory or of a sexual content.
- No naked or semi-naked images of adults or children.
- Racial/prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter.
If you have any questions about the appropriateness of an image that you would like to use please call us at 906-786-7213 or 1-877-335-8228
- How much does it cost for a personalized design card?
A production fee of $5 will apply for personalizing your card.
- How long will it take to receive my new card?
Once the new card design and/or services are approved, the typical delivery time is 1-5 business days.
- Will my new card have the same account number, expiration date, and PIN?
If you are personalizing a MasterCard® Debit Card, your card number will remain the same, however, the expiration date will change.
- Will my account number, expiration date and PIN change each time I change my design?
Once you've personalized your card, any future card requests will keep the same card number. The expiration date may change.
- What happens if my card design is rejected?
You will be contacted by the credit union explaining that it is necessary for you to submit another card design and the reason why.
- How often can I change my personalized card design?
You can change your card image as often as you like. Just remember that the $5 production charge does apply.
- Can the joint owner of my account have a different card design?
Yes. The joint owner or authorized user of an account may have a different design for the same card type. Please note the production charge for each card.
- My card looks and feels different, will merchants accept it?
Yes, your new un-embossed MasterCard® card may look and feel different, but it is a valid card that can be accepted at any MasterCard® merchant location which has an electronic terminal.
- How secure is the design website?
Our site is secured with 2,048-bit encryption and meets GlobalSign (the security certificate authority) Extended Verification process.
For best results, please follow these image file requirements.
- Image file must be a JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, or GIF (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.bmp, *.gif, *.tif).
The easiest way to tell is by looking at the filename; it should end with '.jpg', '.png', '.tif' or '.gif'. This is usually the case with photos from digital cameras and other devices. Most images are in JPEG format.
- The dimensions should be at least 1,033px x 657px (3.452" x 2.17").
If the dimensions are smaller than this, your card image may be produced with "grainy" quality. If the dimensions are greater, the card image will produce with better quality.
On Windows: Right-Click > Properties > Summary > Advanced
On Mac: Command+I
- The maximum file size allowed is 7 MB.
Most JPEG, PNG, TIF, and GIF images are under this file size limit, including high megapixel digital cameras.
- Adobe Flash Player is required to upload images.
Your new personalized card will not only look different but it will also feel different because it does not have the raised numbers that you would expect. Unlike an embossed MasterCard® card with raised numbers, letters, and symbols, the un-embossed card has a smooth, flat surface.
The new un-embossed, personalized MasterCard® cards are accepted by all MasterCard® merchant locations with electronic terminals.